Tansley Primary School understands that, under the Equality Act 2010, all schools have a duty to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimization
- Advance equality between different groups
- Foster good relationships between different groups; and
- Promote mental health and well-being.
Our school's overall values are underpinned by our statutory duties under the Equality Act 2010. We are dedicated to ensuring that every pupil receives an education that offers them the best chance at fulfilling their potential, and promoting mental well-being amongst our pupils.
To achieve our aims, we will adopt the following methods:
- Embedding equality within our teaching resources
- Using key data indicators to understand the needs and characteristics of our school
- Promoting community cohesion
- Promoting parental engagement
- Investing in regular staff training
- Using measures of well-being, to monitor the progress of pupils with protected characteristics
- Regularly reviewing our equality policy to ensure it reflects current trends and issues.
Equality in Teaching and Learning
We provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement. We do this by:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society
- Using materials that reflect the diversity of the school, population and local community without stereotyping
- Promoting attitudes and values that challenge any discriminatory behaviour or prejudice
- Providing opportunities for pupils to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures
- Seeking to involve all parents in supporting their child's education
- Utilising teaching approaches appropriate for the whole school population which are inclusive and reflective of our pupils.
Equality in Admission and Exclusions
Our admissions arrangement are fair and transparent and do not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, religion, belief, disability and/or socio-economic background.
Equal Opportunities for Staff
All staff appointments and promotions are made on the basis of merit and ability and in compliance with the law.
The school has a full and separate Equalities Policy. Please consult this for further details if you wish.