As you will have heard on the news, the government is providing additional funding to schools to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
Tansley Primary School selected to use the funding of £16,642 allocated in 2018/19 in the following ways:
- providing free places for all pupils at lunch time and after school sports clubs
- pooling some of the additional funding with that of other local schools in the Highfields cluster and the Rural Derbyshire School Sport Partnership
- attending sport competitions
- developing the school facilities
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and Health and Well-being
- providing training for mini sports leaders and equipment to run active lunchtime activities
The outline of the way in which the Sports Premium is being spent is below.